How to have more resistant tools?
Tooling durability effects a lot productivity and costly.
Rolleri present a solution to make tooling life extremely longer, SDP:
• It works extraordinary well for Stainless Steel and Mild Steel without any lubricating.
• Hardness of SDP punch is Hv2500 to 3000 and it penetrate to the HSS material.
• Since it is penetrated, it won’t peel off, such as usual coating, TiN or TiCN.
According to the trial punching test SDP shows incredible durability and it is better than any other
• EDM Process put Ti to the punch;
• No peeling off like coating;
• Very good for Stainless Steel punching;
• Very good for heavy gage material;
• Very good on punching without lubrication;
• Life is 4 to 6 times of standard HSS;
• Available on Round, Obround, Square and Rectangle (max Corner Radius 10mm) shape;
• Not good to be used on Aluminium.
Comparison TiCN and SDP
• Punch Style and size: MURATA WIEDEMANN, SQ 20x20 mm
• Material and test type: Stainless Steel 2mm, Rolleri R&D Center
Tool TiCN 20.000 hit (start to peal off)
Tool SDP 82.000 hit
• Punch style: Thick Turret Station B
• Punch size: OB, 30x9.5 mm
• Material and test type: Pickled Iron 1.5mm, customer real production
Competitor tool HSS-M2 : hit 84.000
High Temperature due to the cutting process has compromised tool’s hardness and cutting edges.
Material friction during punching cycle has also damaged the tool’s shanks.
SUPER DRY PUNCH : hit 220.000